The Dale County Sheriff’s Office wishes you and your family a safe and exciting 4th of July holiday weekend!
Remember that fireworks can pose a fire and safety hazard to those who use them. Use caution when shooting fireworks, and be sure to follow these recommended safety tips from FireworksSafety.org:
- Read cautionary labels and performance descriptions before lighting a firework
- Never give fireworks to children
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks
- Use the fireworks outdoors, away from buildings and vehicles
- Dispose of fireworks safely (wet them down and place them in a metal trash can until the next day)
For anyone who is traveling this 4th of July weekend, remember to always wear your seat belt and never drink and drive – instead, call a designated driver to get you home safely. Not only do you risk your life when you drive impaired, you are putting the other drivers you share the roadway with at risk, too.
Be safe and have fun!
Sheriff Wally Olson