In addition to remote on-line application, you may also apply on-line via kiosk at the Dale County Sheriff's Office, located at 113 West Reynolds Street, Ozark, AL.
This application is for a general class, non-restrictive concealed carry permit. It covers concealed carry of a handgun and does not require the licensee to carry a specific firearm.
Please read the following before applying for a permit:
1. You can only apply for a permit in the county where you live; therefore you must be a resident of Dale County before you can apply for a permit with this office.
2. You are not required to have a permit for a rifle or shotgun.
3. Once the application has been submitted, please allow 30 business days for it to be processed.
4. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a permit.
5. Permits can be issued up to 5 (five) years at a time.
6. The Sheriff's Office accepts most forms of payment. If paying in person, we can accept cash (correct change please) and personal checks. Debit / Credit Cards are accepted, but the payment must be completed through our website.
Click Here to Apply for Online Permit
It is the policy of the Dale County Sheriff's Office to maintain the privacy of all individuals who hold a concealed carry firearms issued by the Sheriff of Dale County. Records concerning information on concealed carry firearms permits are considered confidential and are not released to the public.
In 2001, the State of Alabama passed legislation recognizing licenses issued by other states, provided that those states would recognize Alabama's pistol license. This allows residents of the State of Alabama who have a valid pistol permit to carry their weapon in any of these states, and also authorizes persons from these states to carry a pistol in Alabama. As of August 1, 2013, Alabama recognizes all 50 states pistol permits,